|Category||Health Care General||Job type||Full Time|
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute is the largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation care in the state of Maryland. UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute provides specialized rehabilitation services and has served the community for over 110 years. At UMROI, our history of treating patients in the region runs deep. Join our expert staff trained to treat a full range of rehabilitative issues resulting from stroke, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and neurological disorders.
Be Part of Something Greater!
I. General Summary
Demonstrates competency in performing clerical duties and support consistent with the mission and values of UMROI Hospital and in accordance with regulatory requirements. Performs management of information tasks that are appropriate to the age, culture, ethnicity, spirituality, and individual needs of the persons served.
Serves as a fully engaged member of the interdisciplinary patient care services team. Provide administrative and project support to the members of the executive staff of the University of Maryland Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute (UMROI).
Perform duties of a highly confidential nature that require comprehensive knowledge of the organizational policies and operations. Sets up meetings and may act as proxy for supervisor. independently performs diversified clerical and support duties to Executive leadership. Independently plans, coordinates, schedules, gathers and processes data and electronic materials to support Executive leadership functions.
Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age, culture, ethnicity, and specific individual diagnostic needs of the patients served in his/her department. He/she must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's specific needs and provide the care needed by the patient group (pediatric, adolescents and/or geriatric patient group, culture and diagnostic specific).
Consistently expresses and demonstrates compassion and courtesy for patients. Extends courtesy and support to patient's families/visitors.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education & Experience
1. Completion of a high school level of course work with attainment of a high school diploma or a state High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) is required. An Associate's degree in secretarial science is preferred.
2. Minimum of five years progressively responsible secretarial experience including executive level secretarial responsibilities in a business, professional office or health care environment, or equivalent, is required.
3. Highly proficient knowledge of computer equipment and various graphics, word-processing and spreadsheet software packages and the use of various office equipment, such as the copier, computer, and FAX machine. Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred. Highly proficient filing, organizing and proper English usage skills are required.
4. Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm is required. Proficient use of professional telephone etiquette is required. Proficient transcription skills from Dictaphone, bookkeeping and mathematical skills are required.
5. Demonstrated resourcefulness in researching various documents and resources to problem-solve in handling telephone and in-person inquiries.
6. Demonstrated ability to apply the University of Maryland Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute (UMROI) guest relations skills of listening and courtesy, in providing information to and handling inquiries from patients, visitors, staff or other relevant parties.
7. Ability to handle confidential issues with integrity and discretion is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|