What You Will Do:Sterile Processing Tech I Trainee
Full-Time - Evening Shift
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Under direct supervision performs delegated functions including those of a Sterile Processing Technician. Assignments depend on the level of training completed. This position is a training role for the Sterile Processing Technician position.Learns under the guidance of trained professionals the roles of Sterile Processing Technician.Develops, demonstrates, and articulates an understanding of the sterile environment including but not limited to sterilization techniques, implementation of aseptic technique, instrument handling, supply chain management, and equipment setup.Develops and articulates an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the personnel working in Perioperative Services. Develops, demonstrates, and articulates competency in infection prevention practices.Participates in work development training to:Develops and demonstrates communication skills to effectively communicate with all customers to render service, manage conflict and to resolve problems. Refers difficult issues to the Supervisor for resolution.Develops, demonstrates, and articulates computer skills and knowledge related to Perioperative information systems.Develops, demonstrates and articulates time management skills.Achieves basic competence in each of the following roles through on the job training and didactic education:DecontaminationPrep and Pack/AssemblySterilization MethodsSterile Storage and DistributionHLD Processes and Flexible/Rigid Endoscope ReprocessingAs a Team Member at UMMC, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won't find a more vibrant place to work! What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED is required).
- Prefer to be currently enrolled in, accepted into, or has completed an approved Sterile Processing training program.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.