What You Will Do:LPN - Emergency DepartmentFull Time - Rotating ScheduleEaston, MD
Demonstrates the ability to administer safe, competent nursing care. Practices with a limited degree of independence in judgment and decision making with actions and practice supervised by an RN. Direct and indirect activities are incorporated to facilitate this process, both within the unit and interdepartmentally. Supports System and Nursing Strategic Plans, Relationship-Based Care, and Shared Leadership.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
What You Need to Be Successful:Minimum Eduction, Experience and License/Certifications:
- Provides quality nursing care for assigned patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN); practices in accordance with ANA Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Receives baseline and ongoing information regarding patient's condition; accurately and efficiently reports patient's progress to other health team members and documents these findings in the patient's medical record.
- Assists Staff Registered Nurse (RN) in the development of individualized patient plans of care and in revising the plans to meet changing patient needs.
- Implements nursing measures to meet patient care needs; provides complete direct nursing care, including patient/family education, based on medical orders and patient plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to organize, prioritize, and delivery age specific care in a safe and appropriate environment under the guidance and supervision of the RN.
- Assists Staff Registered Nurse in evaluating patient progress toward expected outcomes and the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Correctly identifies patient or environmental emergency situations and actively participates in problem resolution.
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including transport, storage, security, and/or administration of medications to include IV solutions.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner demonstrating respect for patients/families/significant others and other health team members.
- Contributes to the development of positive interpersonal relations which supports the team approach.
- Offers support and feedback to peers and staff. Applies principles of caring and healing in interactions with patients and families and with colleagues.
- Promotes and participates in activities which contribute to the successful achievement of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Seeks and supports opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Offers consistent and visible support to team members.
- Professional standards and current research/evidence-based practice drive decision-making.
- Supports Shared Leadership and encourages staff participation on unit-based teams.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Manual.
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red (in the immediate area), Code Pink (when called), Code Yellow (when called).
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee's knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Meets LPN licensing requirements to practice in the State of Maryland.
- Satisfactory completion of a Pharmacology course and demonstrated ability to administer medications.
- Must meet all applicable federal, state, and local professional requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.