What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Dept. One UMMS Staffing
PRN - Day - Float
Capital Region & Charles Regional Medical Center
The University of Maryland Medical System first established the One UMMS Staffing Pool in response to a growing need for qualified professionals to assist us in all aspects of delivering exceptional care. Its primary goal is to fulfill the staffing needs of our mission. We have since shifted our focus and our primary goal at this time is to provide staffing for member hospitals in the Capital Beltway region and at the Charles Regional Medical Center.
As a member of the Registered Nurse (RN) One UMMS Staffing Center Team, you will provide ad hoc assistance in a clinical capacity as needed to these locations. * This is a floating position and travel between Capital Region Medical Center and the Charles Regional Medical center is to be expected *
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses
who have greater than 24 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
What You Need to Be Successful:Education & Experience
- Provides independent care to unit specific patient population; serves as clinical resource for others, utilizes and integrates evidence into practice, functions effectively in roles specific to unit (such as arrest team for ICU, triage for ED, etc).
- Accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care.
- Accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
- Serves as an effective primary coordinating nurse; collaborates with interdisciplinary team to plan and coordinate care addressing patient/family needs.
- Serves as clinical resource for others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required. BSN preferred. Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year of Nursing experience, Two years of experience is highly preferred
- Current CPR certification required.
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two years
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
- Responsible for maintaining competencies required for the patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional development
- Ability to practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Role of the Professional Nurse Job Charter/Description.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.