|Category||Health Care General|
What You Will Do:
UMMS first established the One UMMS Staffing Pool in late March, in response to a growing need for qualified professionals to assist us in all aspects of delivering exceptional care. Its primary goal at that time was to fulfill the staffing needs of our mission. We have since shifted our focus and our primary goal at this time is to provide staffing resources at the member hospitals of UMMS.
As a member of the Registered Nurse (RN) One UMMS Staffing Center Team, you will provide ad hoc assistance in a clinical capacity as needed at your designated UMMS location(s). Check out a list of all the UMMS member hospitals to find the hospital closest to you: Member Hospitals. Those working at locations in the Baltimore region will float between member hospitals in the Baltimore area.
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 24 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education & Experience
1.Responsible for maintaining competencies required for the patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional development
2. Ability to practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Role of the Professional Nurse Job Charter/Description.
3. Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrates leadership qualities through effectiveness as charge nurse, preceptor, or clinical resource.
5. Demonstrates effectiveness as a multidisciplinary team member.
6. Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information.
7. Ability to participate in team-building efforts on units; supports and models teamwork
8. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|