What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg
Full-Time - Night Shift
Baltimore Washington Medical Center - Glen Burnie, MarylandThe Right Choice. Right Here.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center - named Top Workplace
in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun in 2019.
At the University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success- and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence®
designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state's busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you'll experience:
Experience the appreciation you deserve.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work-Life Balance: You'll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
For immediate consideration, email your updated resume to email@example.comWhat You Need to Be Successful:
- 7 West is a 30-bed acute medical/surgical unit consisting of all private rooms.
- Patients are admitted from all areas of the hospital, the Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or directly from provider's offices.
- The unit provides 24-hour nursing care for pulmonary, gastroenterology, and general medical/surgical patients, using a multidisciplinary team approach consistent with the mission and vision of UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
- The most common diagnoses of the 7 West patient populations include pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cellulitis, deep vein thrombosis, sepsis, infectious disease, various gastrointestinal disorders, stroke and renal disease.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification
- 1-2 years of experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.