|Category||Health Care General|
What You Will Do:
I. General Summary
Under general supervision gathers and analyzes user needs for developing and modifying clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment. Writes documentation specifications, fact-finding and analyzes complex results and proposes solutions or recommendations. Builds, configures and/or modifying applications using existing application tools.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing and support services for assigned application applications.
2. Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and follow-up on issues and questions of daily operations.
3. Participates in and oversees applications analysis and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes.
4. Provides advanced application support and guidance to end users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel. Serves as a point of contact for application problems. Assesses problems and identify resolutions.
5. Develops testing scripts and participates in testing.
6. Makes recommendations with some guidance and provide alternatives with regards to various development and support initiatives.
7. Prepares written documentation of various types; application documentation, analytical reports, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc.
8. Participates in project planning discussions. Assists in cost estimation, time frames, staffing requirements, and preparation of cost justifications for assigned projects.
9. Oversees and assists in the designing for each application assigned, under the control of the change management application and user development request.
10. Prepares complete applications documentation for operations and sets programming specifications for user departments. Assist in the development of departmental policies and procedures as they relate to the use of clinical applications.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required.
2. Three years progressively responsible experience in information applications, including one year performing programming or applications analysis or equivalent, such as business analysis, is required. Experience as a provider, clinician or ancillary services in the implementation of a system as a subject matter expert or super user may be substituted.
3. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrates competence in analysis and problems solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques and management information applications is required.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop technical specifications for all aspects of applications, and familiarity with problem analysis, hardware/software configurations and application integration.
3. Understands the impact of applications on business processes; and the integration/relationships between and among organizational applications.
4. Ability to supervise a project team of analysts, end users and consultants, specifically, to coordinate daily activities, delegate responsibilities and tasks and review work.
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
6. Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
7. Able to teach application functionality, design standards, and process changes to the end user community and train the trainers.
8. Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
9. Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|