|Category||Health Care General|
What You Will Do:
Medical Technologist - Core Lab ($10K Sign-On Bonus)*
Full Time - Night Shift (10pm-6:30am with every other weekend)
At UM Capital Region Health, we're about to changeUP everything with our new hospital!
Located in Largo in the heart of Prince George's County, our new state-of-the-art regional medical center (UM Capital Region Medical Center) will provide improved access to primary and ambulatory care services, and serve as a tertiary care center for critically ill patients. In addition, our new space will allow us to expand our offerings as a community partner to help improve the health status of Prince George's County residents.
We're looking for an extraordinary team member to join our Core Lab team at University of Maryland Capital Regional Health. Our affiliation with the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) has created a number of new career pathways and makes this the perfect time for you to join our team.
Under the direction of the laboratory manager and designated supervisory staff, the medical technologist provides routine and specialized laboratory testing in a timely manner for patient care. Performs duties independently with minimum supervision. May serve as charge technologist for assigned sections of the laboratory. Requires Medical Technologist (ASCP) or equivalent certification.
1. Performs routine and specialized laboratory testing in their assigned specialty area following all standard operating procedures.
2. Correlates laboratory findings with disease states; integrates and relates data from other laboratory specialty areas; confirms abnormal results and resolves specimen and testing discrepancies. Institutes appropriate follow-up measures for unusual test results.
3. Calibrates instruments; performs and documents preventative and corrective maintenance on instruments and equipment
4. Troubleshoots most routine technical and analytical problems including specimen collection problems within minimal supervision.
5. Monitors and reviews quality control data and quality assurance information to determine reliability and acceptability of patient results. Assists in documentation of quality occurrences. Initiates corrective actions for quality control and other quality and/or service problems.
6. Performs duties and documents information in compliance with a variety of regulatory and accreditation standards. Performs testing on proficiency testing samples as required.
7. Assures tests are completed in a timely manner per turnaround time expectations of the Department and that all pending test reports are reconciled in a timely manner.
8. Provides orientation and training to new employees in the assigned laboratory sections. Attends continuing education sessions as required.
9. Assists in reviewing standard operating procedures as requested.
10. Maintains a neat and organized bench area replenishing supplies as needed.
11. May serve as charge technologist on assigned shifts; in this capacity, troubleshoots laboratory operations problems and initiates corrective actions.
* 10K Sign-On Bonus requires 2+ years of Medical Technologist experience. Current UMMS team members are not eligible for the bonus.
What we offer:
What You Need to Be Successful:
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|