|Category||Health Care General|
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Medical Center
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Emergency Room
Full Time - Rotating Schedule
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our Emergency Room team.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including generous tuition support, and relocation assistance.
The University of Maryland Medical Center is located in downtown Baltimore. We are convenient to many sought after locations; only minutes from Washington D.C. and the Chesapeake Bay, as well a short drive to New York and Philadelphia.
• The Nurse Practitioner provides continuity of patient care by facilitating and coordinating communication between the health care team, the patient, and the patient's family.
• The Nurse Practitioner serves as a link, integrating relevant research and best practices.
• The Nurse Practitioner assesses and treats the physical needs of patients in the Adult Emergency Department and Urgent Care Center. Prescribed medications and makes recommendations for other therapeutic forms of treatment. Works in collaboration with physicians
What You Need to Be Successful:
• Master of Science Degree with completion of an appropriate primary or acute care care Nurse Practitioner program. Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nurses and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland. Certified in area of specialty. DEA and CDS eligible
• BCLS as required
• Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, publishing, and/or certification in area of specialty.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with patient families, departmental units, medical and nursing staff on all essential matters. Demonstrated/documented effective interpersonal skills.
• Maintains updated hospital safety and other mandatory training.
• Updated immunizations as recommended per practice area.
• Prior Emergency Room experience highly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|