What You Will Do:Registered Nurse (RN / New Grad) - Emergency Department
U of M Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Full-Time - Day
Glen Burnie, MarylandThe Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center - named Top Workplace
in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success- and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence®
designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state's busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.
to meet our Chief Nursing Officer and learn more about nursing at UM BWMC.Responsibilities/Tasks
As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you will experience:
- This role is reserved for the new graduate or nurse with less than 12 months experience.
- The nurse will utilize this time to learn the institution and nursing practice.
- It is expected that a nurse in this role successfully all requirements of the Nurse Residency Program and Departmental Orientation.
- Utilizes Relationship Based Care and the Nursing Process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional nurse.
- Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support professional practice goals at the unit level.
- Functions effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Strives to provide an environment where patients, families, and colleagues collaborate in the delivery of care.
- Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance. Is accountable to hold to the Service Standards and to the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- An organization that supports recognizes and invests in their nurses.
- Our Professional Advancement Model (PAM) designed to recognize and reward nurses based on their professional contributions to advancing the practice and profession of nursing.
- An environment of excellence focused on quality and inter-professional collaboration.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You will accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required upon hire
- Must meet all unit specific certification requirements: (PALS, ACLS, NRP)
- Must complete all of the Nurse Residency Program Requirements
- Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.