|Category||Health Care General|
What You Will Do:
Under general administrative direction, the Clinical Training & EHR Support Analyst supports the Portfolio Electronic Health Record training for the University of Maryland Medical System. This role will provide direct technical support for clinical and operational end users of the electronic health record. This role will provide high level front line customer service and interact with staff in a professional manner. This staff will round on units, answer support calls from departments, and solve/answer hardware/software/workflow questions. Activities include tracking and documentation of user requests, engaging appropriate site/corporate /client resources to support the operations and timely closing of support requests. This role will assist in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that will enable employees to develop competence in the use of computer software and systems utilized by both clinical and non-clinical employees throughout the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS).
This role is accountable for the quality of informatics training and support services delivered, for coordination with IS&T application training teams, and for contributing to the design and maintenance of systems to support multidisciplinary team functioning and continuity of services within UMMS Hospitals and the Medical System. The Clinical Training & EHR Support Analyst also may manage small to medium projects or specific aspects of projects and initiatives for training and support for clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Participates in managing training projects for assigned application(s) including the design, development, delivery, evaluation, continuous improvement, optimization training and/or other performance improvement and staff development with direction and supervision from the Training Leadership team.
A. Effectively delivers assigned IT application training programs that support the strategic initiatives of UMMS Hospitals and UMMS.
B. Develops and tests web-based training programs using standardized system.
C. Assimilates training needs and develop training modules to effectively meet the needs of a diverse organization.
D. Provides customer support during and following go-live.
2. Coordinates logistics associated with training delivery preparation activities such as copying and assembling printed materials, set-up, maintenance of training rooms, equipment preparation, post training clean-up, etc.
3. Participates in training-related performance improvement initiatives and with maintaining training metrics. Follows effective control processes and compliance monitoring to ensure risks are: measured, monitored, controlled, and mitigated. Uses researched-based/best practice methodology, Assists with verification and validation of software programs and materials utilized in training programs for completeness and accuracy.
4. Conduct training as a primary trainer or act as an assistant to another credentialed trainer during end user classes for new implementations, ongoing training and upgrade/functionality enhancement training.
5. Communicate Portfolio EHR changes and enhancements to end users in specialty area and service lines area of designated support.
6. Supports with the maintenance, ongoing training, education and support of organizational Portfolio Super Users and maintains relationships and communication with Super Users and organizational leadership.
7. Assist with development and delivery of scenario-based training, as needed.
8. Assist with curriculum refinement, course development and training material preparation, as needed.
9. Participates as a member of various project workgroups, attends meetings as required.
10. Provides consulting services to departments within and outside the UMMS organization to develop EHR Training plans, programs, and support models for computer systems.
11. Develops constructive work relationships with other IT team members and customers inside and outside the Medical System. Serves as a resource for and mentors trainers of all levels and reports progress to Leadership.
12. Independently leads ongoing education and development of department staff for cross-training, continuing education and professional development.
13. Facilitates and/or attends team meetings and other assigned meetings as needed. Completes post-meeting minutes and communicates information to training team members. Completes projects, assignments, and goals within desired timeframes.
14. Provides first level problem analysis, acquires a base knowledge of assigned applications to support clinical and operational departments. Responds to calls regarding clinical hardware and software. Escalates calls to leadership or relevant departments as necessary.
15. Assists customers to identify and specify the nature of basic to moderately complex requests or problems. Assists in troubleshooting and managing minor clinical hardware and equipment requests.
16. Acts as the primary support of the EHR systems solutions for the user community.
17. Assists with application support testing/training activities as directed.
18. Maintains proficiency in UMMS local hospital systems, policies, credentials and procedures as required.
19. Works with multidisciplinary project and operational staff to help implement, maintain and improve the EHR.
20. Log problems, issues and requests when appropriate. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination/resolution. Provides on-going follow up to customers throughout the support process until the resolution of issues.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing or applicable field or comparable applicable industry experience preferred.
2. Where applicable for Clinical Roles, clinical licensure in the State of Maryland, or eligibility for licensure due to Compact state agreements is required..
3. Three or more years of clinical experience or comparable education and clinical experience in related healthcare field required.
4. Informatics or Training Industry Certification recommended.
5. Application credentialing required within first 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, basic computer concepts, knowledge of microcomputer operating systems and application software required.
2. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
4. Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical customers are required.
5. Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented skills are required.
6. Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible based on changing business and training environment needs is required.
7. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is required. Develops effective working relationships and maintains excellent communication with other team members.
8. Excellent organization skills: demonstrates confidence and creativity.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|