What You Will Do:
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Schedules patients for admissions, evaluations, re-evaluations and treatment in accordance with physicians' schedules, managed care contracts and UMMS policies and procedures. Accepts referrals from social workers, discharge planners, physicians and physicians' offices. Schedules outpatient tests and procedures required.
- Obtains and inputs pre-authorization insurance and demographic information into the appropriate medical/scheduling system. Verifies patient benefits and eligibility prior to completing referral.
- Reminds patients of upcoming appointments, changes to schedules, co-payments required, and pertinent insurance information.
- Provides patients, family members and referral sources with information pertaining hospital policies and procedures, programs available and locations.
- Coordinates patient transfers from other local hospitals to UMMC; responsible for locating hospital beds.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies and performs other office related duties as required.
- Reviews all visits prior to surgery dates to determine need for referral or pre-authorization and collects all fees/co-payments prior to the day of surgery.
- May maintain the operating room book for the department and/or division. Obtains all required labs/test results prior to day of surgery and forwards results to the PREPCenter prior to surgery.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Three years work experience in an administrative or clerical position in a health care setting such as an acute care hospital, nursing home or Health Maintenance Organization performing relevant clerical activities.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.