What You Will Do:Student Nurse - Critical Care Unit
University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Supplemental - Per Diem - Day Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland The Right Choice. Right Here.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center - named Top Workplace
in the Baltimore area by the Baltimore Sun in 2019.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success- and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence®
designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state's busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you'll experience:
Experience the appreciation you deserve.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You'll accrue vacation + holiday + sick leave and personal leave days; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- All employees are responsible for extending the mission and values of UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center by dedicating oneself to providing the highest quality healthcare services to the communities we serve.
- Nursing employees are responsible for extending the Nursing mission and values of UM Baltimore Washing Medical Center by providing, with intention, exceptional, and compassionate care that is relationship-based through excellence in teamwork, collaboration, communication, evidenced-based care ,and professional practice.
- Under direct supervision of a registered nurse, the Student Nurse participates in the nursing process in delivering care to patients and their families.
- The Student Nurse will provide a wide variety of clinical task/procedures for the patient as a member of the patient care team.
- Patients served include the infant through the elderly adult.
- Currently enrolled and in good academic standing for junior or senior year of a BSN, or an Associate Degree Program.
- Has successfully completed their Fundamentals Course and One Clinical Rotation.
- Current CNA certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON).
- Current AHA Health Care Provider (CPR) card.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.