What You Will Do:Senior Clinical Nurse I - Critical Care WestUniversity of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Full-time - Day Shift
Glen Burnie, MDThe Right Choice. Right Here.
Join our talented team of Registered Nurses and experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center - named Top Workplace
in the Baltimore area by the Baltimore Sun in 2019.
At the University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, our registered nurses have earned the highest level of respect as a critical factor in our success- and that of our patients. As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence®
designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state's busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another.As a Registered Nurse at UM BWMC, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
- Work-Life Balance: You'll accrue vacation + holiday + sick leave and personal leave days; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
This role is designed for the nurse who is a clinical and professional leader at the unit level. He/she advances evidence-based practices, leads unit governance initiatives, and mentors others to achieve and grow in the role of the professional nurse. As a senior member of the practice partnership at the unit level serves as a leader, change agent, and coordinator of patient care services within a specific service line. Takes a leadership role in the overall design and implementation of a relationship-based care system that facilitates achievement of patient outcomes, supports continuity of care and patient flow between care delivery sites, and enhances patient safety and caregiver satisfaction. Monitors the quality and cost-effectiveness of nursing practice and governance systems at the unit level. Strives to provide an environment where patients, families, and colleagues collaborate in the delivery of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of professional practice on the unit, and to the manager for the totality of work performance. Is accountable to hold to the Service Standards and to the Nursing Mission, Vision, and Values.What You Need to Be Successful:
- An Associate Degree in Nursing is required
- Bachelor of Science from a College of Nursing is preferred.
- Current Maryland RN licensure is required prior to beginning orientation.
- At least one year of RN experience is required.
- Employees hired on or after July 1, 2018 will be required to complete a Bachelor of Science from a College of Nursing within 5 years from the date of hire or transfer into a Clinical Nursing position.
- Professional Certification is highly encouraged and required if the individual does not have a BSN.
- If there is a gap in applied nursing experience of 5 years or more successful completion of a refresher course within past 6 months is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.