|Category||Health Care General|
What You Will Do:
5. Provides monitored communication links among persons necessary for consultation, referral and transport of patients utilizing state of the art communications equipment.
6. Utilizes the guidance of protocol to assess and coordinate bed availability in conjunction with the patient placement center to ensure the appropriate and efficient placement of patients.
7. Ensures all communication and support equipment (e.g. telephone system) is functioning. Performs minor maintenance on equipment and maintains work area in an orderly fashion.
Assists team members to clean and disinfect communications equipment as needed.
8. Assists with transporting patients to patient care areas via stretcher or wheelchair as needed, in accordance with departmental procedures.
Assists in CPR as needed.
9. Provides first point of contact in an in-house emergency to doctors and nurses. Coordinates phone call conversation between appropriate personnel to provide a prompt service to patients who have suffered and in-house emergency.
10. Transfers and receives phone calls from hospital customers, departmental staff, hospital staff, and physicians. Uses effective interpersonal skills to identify and resolve conflicts, decrease communication barriers and facilitate group effectiveness.
11. Participates in program-based governance committees. Contributes to attainment of committee objectives based on both previous and newly acquired knowledge.
12. Participates in Quality Assurance by checking on a daily basis charts, timeliness, and any other issues, which might arise during a transport or consult. Communicates opportunities for improvement to appropriate program representative.
13. Ensures that the department is properly stocked with office supplies and paperwork.
What You Need to Be Successful:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Employer||University of Maryland Medical Center|