What You Will Do:Transport Nurse (RN) - Transport / Critical Care
Full time - Rotating
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet
designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for talented Critical Care Transport Registered Nurses to join our nursing team here at the University of Maryland Medical Center. As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- an Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more.
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
About the Unit
The University of Maryland Medical Center operates a busy critical care and inter-facility transport service.
- ExpressCare is comprised of critical care personnel, specialty care paramedics, transport nurses, and communication staff.
- A primary mission of ExpressCare is to provide safe and effective transport for patients requiring a higher or more sophisticated level of in-hospital care.
crews are capable of the following specialty transports:
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Neonatal inter-facility
- Critical care
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure in the State of Maryland as a Registered Nurse.
- Currency in the following certifications required: Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Critical Care Nurse Certification (CCRN); and annual Infection Control, Fire Safety, and TB training.
- Critical Care Nurse Certification (CCRN) is required or must be obtained within one year of employment. Management may grant a six-month extension for special circumstances.
- Two (2) years ICU experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.